What is HETN
- HETN is a Charitable Foundation, registered in the UK.
- Our goal is to address nutrient depletion, believing this to be crucial in health, education and social upliftment programmes.
- HETN’s approach is based on numerous scientific trials that demonstrate the importance of micronutrients in the prevention and management of chronic disease.
- Our projects have a single aim – to ensure that the recipients of feeding programmes receive a daily food portion that includes all the required micronutrients in a bio-available form.
How HETN Achieves its Goal
- By partnering with NGOs in the field, to ensure that their nutritional interventions are appropriate and cost effective.
- Society of St Vincent de Paul (SSVP) – Crèche Feeding
- South African National Tuberculosis Association (SANTA) – Community Based TB Support
- World Vision South Africa (WVSA) – Orphans & Vulnerable Children
- By providing wholegrain food, with all the cereal fats, fibres, vitamins and minerals intact, and with the addition of all the required micronutrients in a form that is bio-available (chelates or food form).
- By comparing different formulations and measuring outcomes, with the aim of increasing the evidence base that supports nutritional interventions in the management of chronic disease.
- Our projects are already benefiting several thousand people in South Africa.
- Excellent nutrition overcomes Hidden Hunger and improves immune function, reducing the impact of infectious diseases, such as TB, Malaria and HIV.
UK egistered Charity No. 1116097